P7700 Series TriMode Probes
The P7700 Series TriMode probes provide the highest probe fidelity available for real-time oscilloscopes. In addition, with connectivity innovations such as solder down tips with the probe’s input buffer mounted only a few millimeters from the end of the tip, the P7700 series probes provide unmatched usability for connecting to today’s most challenging electronic designs.
- High bandwidth for signal fide
- 20 GHz P7720
- 16 GHz P7716
- 13 GHz P7713
- 8 GHz P7708
- Minimal device impact
- Thin and flexible solder tips
- Lightweight and flexible probe cable
- Active buffer tip design for low probe loading
- Easy to connect TekFlex™ Connector technology
- Pinch-to-Open accessory connector
- Versatile Connectivity - solder down tips and optional browser for handheld or fixtured probing
- Full Bandwidth to 20 GHz
- Probe cable and solder down tips operate over an extended temperature range
- Probe and tip specific S-parameters
- Full AC calibration of the probe and tip's signal path based upon unique s-parameter models
- Unique DSP filters created for each probe and tip
- TekConnect® interface for oscilloscope/probe control and usability
- Direct control via probe buttons or from the oscilloscope's menus
- Automated control of probe settings via the oscilloscope
- Automatic recogntion of the probe and tip when attached to the oscilloscope
- DDR/LPDDR memory verification
- High speed serial bus debugging
- MIPI D-PHY/C-PHY conformance tests
P7700 Series TriMode Probes
With TriMode probing one probe setup makes differential, single ended, and common mode measurements accurately. This unique capability allows you to work more effectively and efficiently, switching between differential, single ended and common mode measurements without moving the probe's connection points.
TekFlex™ connector technology
The P7700 Series TriMode probes use the new TekFlex connector technology that combines a high speed signal path with power and communication support for an active buffer tip in a single, easy to connect accessory connector. The TekFlex connector has a pinch-to-open design that when open requires minimal force to attach an accessory tip. When the TekFlex connector is closed, it provides a secure connection to the accessory to avoid accidental disconnections.
With the TekFlex connector, the P7700 series probes offer a set of active probe tips with the probe's buffer amplifier only millimeters from the input connections. The short signal path enabled with the active tips provides high fidelity and a high impedance input. It also minimizes signal loss, capacitance, and additive noise.
P77STFLXA solder down, flex circuit accessory with an active buffer amplifier on its tip provides up to 20 GHz bandwidth.
P77STCABL solder down accessory with a long reach, flexible cable combined with an active buffer amplifier on the tip. Up to 20 GHz bandwidth.
P77BRWSR handheld browser accessory enables hand or fixtured probing with adjustable tip spacing. Up to 16 GHz bandwidth.
Browser accessory for handheld probing
When you need to make a quick measurement or debug a problem, the P7700 series browser accessory provides a simple to use option. With precision engineered tips that are easy to see and position accurately, the P77BRWSR accessory is ideal for probing fine pitch components and differential traces with spacing as narrow as 0.2 mm (.008 in). The browser's tips have a full range of compliance and are adjustable in spacing using a convenient thumb wheel. A headlight on the tip enhances visibility of the probe point and can be switched on and off as needed. The browser tips are constructed of high strength BeCu and super-ceramic resistors¹. With 16 GHz bandwidth performance, the P77BRWSR accessory provides signal fidelity and convenience.
Headlight on P77BRWSR browser enhances visibility of the probe point
¹Patent pending pin technology
Automatic probe and tip identification and AC calibration
The P7700 Series probes automatically identify the accessory connected to the probe. When the probe and tip are attached to an oscilloscope, they are recognized and a unique DSP filter providing a calibrated response is enabled. All calibration and filter calculation is based upon a unique set of s-parameters stored in the probe and tip.
These unique filters also de-embed probe parasitics from the measurement. Creating probe and tip specific filters is critical as bandwidths increase. At high bandwidth, small variations in the signal path can lead to significant variation in frequency response which cannot be corrected using a nominal DSP filter.
The P77BRWSR accessory extends the calibration further. As the spacing of the browser's tips is adjusted, the change in opening is automatically recognized by the probe and oscilloscope. Using the value of the tip spacing, a width specific DSP filter is used to calibrate the probe's response.
The automatic recognition of the probe and tips and the automatic filter selection eliminates the risk of manually selecting the wrong filter and improves your efficiency.
You can be confident in the signal fidelity of your measurements. The innovative new probe design uses SiGe technology to provide the bandwidth and fidelity needed today and in the future.
The P7700 Series probe architecture provides:
- An active buffer amplifier on the tips with the probe input only 3.2 mm from the input
- Excellent step response and low insertion loss up to 20 GHz
- Low-DUT loading with 100 kΩ (DC) and 0.4 pF (AC) performance
- High CMRR
- Low noise
Performance you can count on
Depend upon Tektronix to provide you with performance you can count on. In addition to industry leading service and support, these probes are backed by a one year warranty.